Help for Chinatown fire victims

Chinatown Fire Benefit

Businesses affected by the devastating Chinatown fire will be helped by a community fundraising event on Tuesday. All money raised at the 2018 Chinatown Fire Benefit will be used to assist business owners and staff who have been left out of pocket after a blaze ripped through a Chinatown building on the corner of Grote and Moonta streets in the city about 1am last Tuesday. The fire, believed to have been sparked by an electrical fault in a fridge, caused $1.5 million damage and destroyed Asian supermarket Oriental Mart and Bing restaurant. It also damaged other shops, including Dumpling King, Sys Souvenirs, Holiday Travel and Grote St Dental. Some of the businesses are expected to remain shut for up to nine months as owners rebuild. The benefit, organised by not-for-profit organisation Chinatown Adelaide South Australia, will be a cocktail event, including drinks and food, in the Chinatown Plaza Food Court,

Read More...