Rick and Morty fans obsessed with McDonald’sÂ ‘Mulan’ “Szechuan Sauce” try theseÂ recipes!
- Mince 6 cloves of Garlic and sweat (heat them up in a skillet)
- Add 4 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Add soy sauce to taste
- Add 2 tablespoon Plum Sake
- Reduce sauce slightly
- Add 3 x 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
- Add 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Minced Ginger to taste
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly
- 1/2 tsp. ground, roasted Sichuan Peppercorn
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. tahini
- 1 T light soy sauce
- 1 T dark soy sauce
- 2 T chili oil with flake
- Combine all the ingredients in a metal bowl and mix together.
- 50g ginger, minced
- 50g scallion white, minced
- 50g garlic, minced
- 120ml maple syrup, grade A (preferably from New York State)
- 65ml sherry vinegar, Pedro Ximenez
- 60lm ketchup
- 45ml soy sauce
- 2 grams potato starch
- 2 grams ground Sichuan peppercorn
- 2 grams ground Tianjin chilies
- 5 grams Sichuan peppercorn oil
Mix 20ml of the soy sauce with 2 grams of potato starch to make a smooth slurry.
Combine maple syrup, sherry vinegar, ketchup, and the rest of the soy sauce in a small saucepan. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add the slurry and mix vigorously to avoid lumps. Simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
Add the ground Sichuan peppercorn, chili, and Sichuan peppercorn oil and mix to incorporate completely.