The Australia China Development Company will lead a trade delegation of South Australian businesses to Qingdao, Shandong Province during 7th – 12th August 2014.
The trade mission incorporates a gala dinner to celebrate the new Sister City status between Adelaide and Qingdao; business briefings with leading Qingdao government officials and entrepreneurs; facilitated VIP entry to Qingdao International Beer Festival and business matching with major companies in the Qingdao and Shandong region. Delegates will be encouraged to take part in the filming of a Australian Television production that will be accompanying the mission and to show case their offerings at a South Australian Epicurean.
Shandong Province is South Australia’s sister state and will be the focus of the 2014 OzAsia Festival – strengthening the 27 years relationship and forging closer cultural ties.
The Qingdao International Beer Festival is the largest beer festival in Asia and the most influential and most exciting in China.
TACDC is preparing a 7 day business mission to Qingdao with the aim of:
- Showcasing Adelaide’s and South Australia’s offerings to Qingdao and Shandong Province.
- Celebrate the new Sister City status between Adelaide and Qingdao in Qingdao, Shandong province.
- Promoting Adelaide and South Australia at the Qingdao International Beer Festival which is the largest beer festival in Asia and one of the most influential networking events in China.
- Hosting the Adelaide / Qingdao & South Australia / Shandong Celebration Gala Dinner which will have a distinct South Australian fashion, music, seafood and wine theme.
- Opening dialogue about Adelaide musicians and artist performing in Qingdao and creating new co production platforms under the new Sister City and existing Sister State theme and c0ming OzAsia Festival with Shandong theme.
- Raising Adelaide’s business profile in the Qingdao community.
- Connecting and developing the next generation of Adelaide and Qingdao business and government leaders.
- Promoting the Shandong / South Australia and Qingdao / Adelaide “blue economy” cooperation.
- Advocating a streamlined Port to Port, City to City / State to Province trade agreement on Seafood and Aquaculture to establish new trade protocols on seafood exports, marine research and investment.
Dates of Qingdao Adelaide Sister City Delegation 2014
Thursday 7th August – Thursday 14th August
Features and Activities
Arrival and Orientation
Qingdao Adelaide Sister City Gala Dinner
Qingdao International Beer Festival Opening Ceremony
South Australian Epicurean Event
Business Networking Evening Harbour Cruise
Golfing & Sailing